Saturday, February 10, 2007

Rove's Quote

Karl Rove is in trouble with some people for saying this yesterday: "I don't want my 17-year old son to have to pick tomatoes or make beds in Las Vegas." Andrew Sullivan complains that the MSM has nothing on this. I think that's because the MSM knows perfectly well what Rove means, and they don't want their 17-year olds picking tomatoes or making beds in Las Vegas either. I certainly don't--I want him in his last year of high school, making good grades, involved in extracuricular activities, and getting ready for college. I think most people do. Of course, there is more we could be doing to provide opportunities for those who are unable to make their own, and the Bush administration hasn't done much about that, but I think American's understand this quote just fine, and are mostly OK with it.

No comments: